We have been teaching the wonderful song Earth with words by Michael Rosen and music by Russell Hepplewhite in primary schools around Cambridge. Below are all the resources you need to follow up.
We’d like to invite everybody who took part in our workshops to send us a response to the song over the summer holidays.
You can contribute anything you like that the song made you think of, an artwork, a model, a poem, a song, a video. There is a list of suggestions in the worksheet below.
Everybody who contributes will get a special certificate from CYO. If you are happy for us to share your contributions on our website and social media, please let us know!
Please email contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- The name of the child
- Their age
- A parent / carer name and email address: we’ll send the child’s certificate to this email address
- The school and year group they were in when they attended the workshop
- Whether you are happy for us to share the contribution on our website and social media – we will normally include the contribution, first name and age of the child. If you would prefer us not to include the name, please let us know. We won’t include any other information (surname, school etc)
- The contribution as an attachment, link or in the email
- Please note that CYO cannot reply to emails from under 18s unless an adult is included
If you would like any further information, please contact us on email@example.com
The backing track, poem and sheet music were kindly provided by the Friday Afternoons Project run by Britten Pears Arts. Many thanks to them for their support!
- Worksheet – Earth Workshop
- Introduction from Russell Hepplewhite, the composer
- Alastair Chilvers and Julia Caddick teaching the song (video)
- Earth – backing track
- Earth – the poem by Michael Rosen
- Earth – sheet music: voices only
- Earth – sheet music: voices and piano