Cambridge Youth Opera is proud to be an Artsmark Partner. We work with 11 – 18 year olds as described below and are developing a programme of work with primary school partners. We are happy to discuss with any school how we can help your ArtsMark journey.
For secondary schools, our activities offer 11 – 18 year olds the opportunity to develop in a variety of areas including
- musical performance, especially singing and acting, for both chorus and solo singers
- stage management
- design and construction of costumes, sets and props
- technical theatre
We are always interested in partnerships with schools and colleges, enabling your students to participant in our activities to support your Artsmark process.
Examples of the kind of activities on offer include
- preparing primary and secondary school choirs for participation in performances
- design workshops by industry professionals, for secondary and sixth form art and DT students
- lighting training for young technicians working with the technical team in professional arts venues
- stage management training, working hands on with young professionals
We are very flexible in what we are able to offer and undertake activities in ways which are sustainable for school staff.
If you are interested in discussing an Artsmark project please contact us.