Cambridge Youth Opera is proud to be an Artsmark Partner. Our activities offer 11 – 18 year olds the opportunity to develop in a variety of areas including
- musical performance, especially singing and acting, for both chorus and solo singers
- stage management
- design and construction of costumes, sets and props
- technical theatre
We are always interested in partnerships with schools and colleges, enabling your students to participant in our activities to support your Artsmark process.
Examples of the kind of activities on offer include
- preparing primary and secondary school choirs for participation in performances
- design workshops by industry professionals, for secondary and sixth form art and DT students
- lighting training for young technicians working with the technical team in professional arts venues
- stage management training, working hands on with young professionals
We are very flexible in what we are able to offer and undertake activities in ways which are sustainable for school staff. The only constraints are those dictated by our production schedule. Projects are usually undertaken as part of a planned CYO production.
We are currently seeking partnerships to support our planned production of Hansel and Gretel. Activities begin in September 2019 and run to March 2020. We are particularly interested in hearing from
- Primary school choirs
- Secondary schools and sixth form colleges for all elements of design, production and technical theatre
- We will consider partnerships in other areas, including secondary and sixth form school singing and dance
If you are interested in discussing an Artsmark project please contact us.